Resume Samples, Examples, Templates
Purchasing Agent & Buyer Resume Sample
Purchasing managers, buyers, and purchasing agents buy a vast array of farm products, durable and nondurable goods, and services for companies and institutions. They attempt to get the best deal for their company—the highest quality goods and services at the lowest possible cost. They accomplish this by studying sales records and inventory levels of current stock, identifying foreign and domestic suppliers, and keeping abreast of changes affecting both the supply of, and demand for, needed products and materials. Purchasing professionals consider price, quality, availability, reliability, and technical support when choosing suppliers and merchandise. To be effective, purchasing professionals must have a working technical knowledge of the goods or services to be purchased.
Available in Microsoft Word (.doc) format below.
Mitchell D. Weber
647 Rainbow Road • Anaheim, CA 92801 • (626) 208-0954
OBJECTIVE To obtain a position where skills, experience and knowledge will be developed
SKILLS Resourceful, efficient and diligent problem solver who is motivated to exceed position requirements. Areas of skill include:
• Purchasing: Develop outstanding vendor relationships. Excellent negotiator with a proven history of attaining best price and best delivery. Extensive experience purchasing steel, carbide, MRO products, silver solder, office supplies and packaging. Knowledge of MRP.
• Product Distribution: Coordinate with regional partners and clients regarding the shipments, deliveries and distribution of products to the customers and clients
• Financial Management: Daily financial management, AP/AR, payroll, payroll tax liabilities, analyzing and projecting cash flow.
• Training & Supervision: Recruited, trained and supervised new hires and employees
• Computers: Windows XP/Vista/7, MS Office 2000 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access), 4th Shift (v.6.0), Lotus Notes, Platinum, Olympic.
Buyer, Stratified Group Corporation, Fullerton, CA
Global Alternative Propulsion Center (GAPC) 3/09-1/10
• Purchased prototype parts for research and development of fuel cell technology products, totalling $8-15 million annually.
• Managed all aspects of RFQ, the competitive bidding process and vendor management
• Organized product application workshops for suppliers. Worked closely with engineering and other GAPC facilities worldwide; maintain strict security protocols.
Integration Account Executive, Tri-Union Systems, Anaheim, CA 4/08-3/09
• Conducted sales of network products for new and existing customers, including all brand name hardware, software, and conversions required for the network computing environment.
• Provided network assessment, extensive documentation, ongoing customer communication, and project management through all phases of sale, installation, and follow-up.
• Coordinate with major manufacturers to obtain product information, promotions, and pricing
Buyer, Dialler Steels & Metals, Anaheim, CA 5/08-3/09
• Purchased full range of metals, including brass, copper, aluminium, and stainless steel; ensured precise planning for optimal product turnaround time for distribution center.
• Devised inventory databases to improve tracking and quality of products
Purchasing & Planning Coordinator, SIMS Industries, Fullerton, CA 6/06-5/08
• Managed purchasing, scheduling, production and shipping, generating $5 million in annual sales; approved and allocated operating expenses; analyzed and projected cash flow; supervised staff of five for manufacturing facility.
• Calculated price breakdowns, freight charges and discounts prior to generating POs.
• Established online inventory control for raw materials, KOY and finished goods.
Assistant Manager, The Compton Group, Anaheim, CA 8/05-6/06
• Recruited, trained, and managed team of 25 account executives; created daily, weekly and monthly goals; prepared sales reports for senior management.
• Promoted from Account Specialist (8/05-1/06); ranked #1 in the Region.
B.S., Business Administration/Marketing, Anaheim University, CA
A.A.S., Business Administration/Marketing, Keimyung Baylo University, CA 12/02
AFFILIATIONS American Marketing Executives’ Association
Click the image below to download our purchasing agent and buyer resume template.