Resume Samples, Examples, Templates
General Communications Resume Sample
An organization’s reputation, profitability, and its continued existence can depend on the degree to which its targeted public supports its goals and policies. Public relations specialists—also referred to as communications specialists and media specialists, among other titles—serve as advocates for clients seeking to build and maintain positive relationships with the public.
Their clients include businesses, nonprofit associations, universities, hospitals, and other organizations, and build and maintain positive relationships with the public. As managers recognize the link between good public relations and the success of their organizations, they increasingly rely on public relations specialists for advice on the strategy and policy of their communications.
Available in Microsoft Word (.doc) format below.
Homerson K. Meredith
1245 Thomas Hall
St. Paul/Minneapolis, MN
2587 Eagle Lane
Duluth, MN 55802
OBJECTIVE: To obtain a corporate communications position within Minnesota.
SUMMARY: • Corporate communications internship with MediaBanc.
• Proficient with HTML, CSS, PHP/MySQL, MS Office, Windows XP and the Internet.
EDUCATION: Bachelor of Science in Communications, May 2010
University of St. Thomas, St. Paul, Minneapolis, MN
Graduated with a GPA of 3.1 on a 4.0 scale
Courses taken included:
Communication Strategies Organization Communication Technology
Corporate Communications Public Relations
Intercultural Communications Quantitative Research in Communications
HTML/Web Development Desktop Publishing
Marketing 101 Media and Corporate Strategies
EXPERIENCE: Corporate Communications Internship, May 2009 to August 2009
MediaBanc, Minneapolis, MN
• Re-launched the newsletter program that utilizes a common corporate format and theme to integrate with departmental news.
• Launched the first Intranet-based newsletter, allowing for more efficient and cost-effective delivery of corporate news.
• Introduced the HTML template to allow newsletter contributors to develop and deliver articles with little or no format editing.
• Designed and developed new interface for Communications Department access to company-wide Intranet.
News Reporter, August 2007 to Present
Student News, University of St. Thomas, St. Paul, Minneapolis, MN
• Reported all campus activities especially in athletics department
• Developed weekly stories without missing a single deadline.
ACTIVITIES: • Treasurer, Student Council, 2009-2010
• Administration Liaison for Student Council
• Vice President, Next Writers of America, Student Chapter, 2009-2010
Click the image below to download our general communications resume template.