Resume Samples, Examples, Templates
Pharmacist Resume Sample
Pharmacists distribute prescription drugs to individuals. They also advise their patients, physicians, and other health practitioners on the selection, dosages, interactions, and side effects of medications, as well as monitor the health and progress of those patients to ensure that they are using their medications safely and effectively. Compounding—the actual mixing of ingredients to form medications—is a small part of a pharmacist’s practice, because most medicines are produced by pharmaceutical companies in standard dosages and drug delivery forms. Most pharmacists work in a community setting, such as a retail drugstore, or in a healthcare facility, such as a hospital.
Available in Microsoft Word (.doc) format below.
Owner/Director Mar. 1, 2005 – present
Mackey & Gertis Inc. Houston, Texas
- Self-employed director of a firm that provides health and financial resources and legal consultancy for women and their family
- Provide services to clients that seek advice on areas of divorce, child and asset protection, menopause, pregnancy, and real estate planning.
- Provide definitive answers to clients or outsource them to peers whenever necessary
Pharmacist Dec. 12, 2003 – Feb. 21, 2005
Health 24/7 Pharmacy Austin, Texas
- Increased retail sales by 48% after eight months and increased prescription volume by 22%
- Supervised 5 pharmacy technicians and 3 pharmacists
- Managed manufactured medications inventory
- Provided customers with over-the-counter medications, advices and information to achieve high level of customer satisfaction
- Responsible for order entry and prescription verification
- Screened for drug interactions to avoid adverse drug reactions and conferred with doctors and nurses to provide best medication to patient
- Completed schedules and coordinated with insurance agencies and health care providers
- Managed the computer database for dosage levels, rates, treatment duration, frequency of administration of drugs and drug formulas.
- Ensure drugs provided are appropriate to patient variables
- Screened for errors by ensuring the amount, mix, timing, potency, fluid balance, and method of administering medications were appropriate for the drug, dose or patient.
- Counseled public on prescription and non-prescription drugs as well as effective alternatives
Toxicology Case Manager Jun. 2001 – Sept. 2003
Texas Poison Control Centers Houston, Texas
- Handled triage calls to the Statewide Texas Poison Control Hotline.
- Determined the poisoning severity level or exposure while managing the patients until the outcome becomes apparent
- Determined whether patients should be confined to the hospital or stay at home
- Alerted medical professionals of incoming patients then providing them with instructions on how to initiate treatment
- Charted patient and drug information online, made decisions on level of care for patients, and documented all pertinent data for each case
- Attended and taught continuing education courses on current poisoning treatments and diagnostics.
Pharm. D. 1997-2001
University of Texas San Antonio
Chemistry (major) 1993-1997
Biology (minor) Houston
Houston Baptist University
Pharmacy Administration 1992-1993
University of Texas Houston
ORGANIZATIONS, RECOGNITIONS, TRAINING AND AWARDS
- Texas Narcotic’s Officer Association Leadership Award
- VP, Houston Society of Pharmacists
- Allied Services Health Leadership Award as Vice President of the Houston Society of Pharmacists
- Certified Poison Control Specialist since 2001
- Founder and President, Gratiant Mothers Club
- Gratiant Mothers Club Leadership Award
- Houston Society of Health Care Pharmacists Fundraising Award
- Active Member of the American Society of Pharmacists
- Active Member of the Texas Society of Pharmacists
- Active Member of the Foundation for Women Entrepreneurs
Skills and Achievements
- Taught Pharmacology at a Bachelor & Masters level at the University of Houston
- Lectured peers, medical students, medical doctors, nurses and community law enforcement about legal issues, new medications, quality improvement and drug information
- Conducted information seminars for pregnant and breast feeding mothers about drugs that can affect pregnancy and breast-feeding
- Conducted new drug reviews for nurses, pharmacists and physicians
- Provided household poison prevention information as a guest on a local radio & TV station
- Initiated a doctor’s shopping hotline in order to prevent people from obtaining multiple prescriptions from multiple doctors
|Dr. Isabelle D. Gillies||Mr. Jaxon Child||Dr. Flynn Golding|
|Medical Journal Editor||Pharmacy Manager||Pharmacy Professor|
|4732 Oak Ridge Drive||United Pharmacies Inc.||548 Freshour Circle|
|San Antonio, Texas||1565 Poplar Avenue||San Antonio, Texas|
Click the image below to download our pharmacist resume template.