Resume Samples, Examples, Templates
Social Work Resume Sample
Social work is a profession for those with a strong desire to help improve people’s lives. Social workers assist people by helping them cope with and solve issues in their everyday lives, such as family and personal problems and dealing with relationships. Some social workers help clients who face a disability, life-threatening disease, social problem, such as inadequate housing, unemployment, or substance abuse. Social workers also assist families that have serious domestic conflicts, sometimes involving child or spousal abuse. Additionally, they may conduct research, advocate for improved services, or become involved in planning or policy development. Many social workers specialize in serving a particular population or working in a specific setting. In all settings, these workers may also be called licensed clinical social workers, if they hold the appropriate State mandated license.
Available in Microsoft Word (.doc) format below.
To gain knowledge and develop skills needed for a career in Human Services and/or Social Work.
|Dec 2009||Regent University||Bachelor of Human Justice|
|April 2006||Virginia International University||Bachelor Arts Community Studies|
|April 2004||Stratford University||Certificate Program, Criminal Studies|
|March 2003||Westwood College of Technology||Certificate Program, Criminal Law|
|Sept/2008 – May/2010||Youth Service Provider – Department of Social Services|
|Duties: Ensuring conditions of probation order are met, escorting youths to court and appointments, counseling sessions, conducting curfew checks, parental supervised visits, encouraging and supporting clients.|
|Feb/08 – Mar/08||Youth Welfare Executive|
|Virginia Girls Group Home|
|Duties: Ensured that stability, structure, routine, and care for the residents according to Group Home policy are met, assessment and intervention of residents, and maintained positive inter-professional relationships.|
|May/07 – Aug/07||Student Probation Specialist|
|Supervision Unit, Department of Social Services|
|Duties: Conducted interviews with young offenders and their families, wrote pre-disposition reports, risk assessment, court duty, ensured that clients comply with court orders, attended case conferences and referred clients to various day programs and services.|
|Oct/06 – April/06||Executive Assistant|
|Mr. Michael Houlter, Barrister and Solicitor|
|Duties: Researched and summarized previous records for applicable cases and court duty. Handled Mr. Houlter’s schedule.|
|May/05 – June/05||Student Parole Officer|
|Coult Correctional Services, Parole Division|
|Duties: Prepared case visits, conducted community assessments, wrote progress summary reports, took part in Community Reintegration Workshop and Parole Board hearings|
- Successfully completed volunteer training at the Metro One Help Line Society, which included workshops in communications, relationships and depression, violence, addictions, sexuality, sexual assault and suicide intervention, and schizophrenia.
- Successfully completed training with the Elizabeth Fry Society which included seminars on criminal justice and anti-homophobia.
- Volunteer at the Elizabeth Fry Society 2006-07, Alexandria, VA
- Volunteer at Metro Help Live Society 2006-07, Alexandria, VA
- Successfully completed First Aid, CRP training and Patient Management workshops.
- Proficient with computers and software applications.
- Experience with the SWIN Network.
- Natural leader and an effective team player at the same time
- Excellent time management skills
- Able to handle stressful situations with confidence
- Open to new ideas and enjoy learning new concepts
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Valid driver’s license
Click the image below to download our social work resume template.